CEMT / CEUE ADVISORY No. 2023-002
“REPOSTED “Reminder on Renewal of the Certificate of Registration
Reminder to all concerned on the required Renewal of the Certificate of Registration for Massage Therapist and Embalmers.
Under the Administrative Order No. 2010-0034 on the “Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations Governing Massage Clinic and Sauna Establishments” and Administrative Order No. 2021-0056 on the “Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Code on Sanitation of the Philippines (PD 856) Chapter XXI Disposal of Dead Persons”, all registered Massage Therapist and Embalmers are required to renew every THREE (3) YEARS in any Center for Health Development near your permanent address or work address.
Issuance and renewal of License to Practice and Certificate of Registration for Undertakers and Embalmers:
A. Issuance of License to Practice
- All Examinees That Have Passed the Required Examinations Shall Be Issued A License to Practice Duly Signed by The Chairperson of The Committee and Approved by The Secretary of Health.
- The License to Practice Shall Bear A Recent Picture and Signature of The Successful Examinee and Valid for Three (3) Years. The Fees Shall Be Paid to The Department of Health (Central Office).
- The License to Practice Shall Be Posted Conspicuously in The Establishment Concerned.
B. Issuance of Certificate of Registration
- All Newly Licensed Undertakers and Embalmers Shall Register to The Center for Health Development (CHD) Where their Place of Employment Is located.
- The First Certificate of Registration Shall Be Issued Upon Presentation to The CHD Their License to Practice. The Issued Certificate of Registration Shall Cover the Period from The Date of Issuance to The Last Day of The Current Year and Subject for Renewal Annually.
- The Certificate of Registration Shall Be Issued by The Center for Health Development and Approved or Signed by The Director IV
The following requirements shall be presented when applying for renewal of the License to Practice
- Latest copy of the Certificate of Registration;
- Receipt as payment of renewal and miscellaneous fees for three (3) years in the amount prescribed by the Department of Health;
- Certificate of attendance to continuing education/training on massage and embalming conducted by DOH-accredited training institutions
The following requirements shall be presented when applying for renewal of the Certificate of Registration
- Health certificate;
- Current professional/occupational tax receipt;
- Current community tax certificate;
- Receipt as payment of registration and miscellaneous fees for one year in the amount prescribed by the Department of Health; CHDs impose surcharges and penalties for failure to pay within the prescribed period.
Issuance for Certificate of Registration for Massage Therapist
- All examinees who have passed the required examination shall be issued a certificate of registration duly signed by the chairperson of the committee and approved by the Secretary of Health.
- The certificate of registration shall bear the recent picture and signature of the successful examinee and will be valid for three (3) years from the date of issuance. Payment of registration and miscellaneous fees shall be made to the Department of Health
- The certificate of registration shall be posted conspicuously in the establishment concerned.
Renewal of the Certificate of Registration
- A massage therapist shall apply for the renewal of the certificate of registration and shall pay the miscellaneous fees covering three (3) years on his I her birth month in any Regional Health Office or Center for Health Development;
- The following requirements shall be presented when applying for renewal of the certificate of registration:
A. Health certificate;
B. Current professional tax receipt;
C. Current community tax certificate;
D. Receipt of payment of the registration and miscellaneous fees covering three (3) years in the amount prescribed by the Department of Health
E. Certificate of attendance to continuing education/training on massage conducted by accredited institutions/ associations/trainers;
F. When all the requirements are found in order, the said certificate shall be stamped with the notation “VALIDITY UNTIL “and the receipt number of the registration fee and the signature of the Regional Health Director concerned shall be affixed below.
- The Regional Health Director concerned shall submit the list of massage therapists and their renewed license numbers to the Committee every last quarter of the year.
This office will no longer process application of renewal by group, appointing an authorized training provider representative to apply on your behalf, it shall be individualized application. A Special Power of Attorney will be required for representatives to claim in your behalf.
Suspension or Revocation of License to Practice of Embalmers and Undertakers and Certificate of Registration of Massage Therapist. The Committee and/or the Center for Health Development concerned shall recommend to the Secretary of Health to reprimand erring Massage Therapist and embalmers by suspension or revocation of the certificates of all those found guilty
after due investigation on any of the following grounds:
- Conviction by a court of competent jurisdiction of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude;
- Fraud in acquisition or renewal of the Certificate of Registration;
- Gross negligence, ignorance, or incompetence in the practice of his/her occupation;
- Addiction to alcoholic beverages and prohibited drugs;
- False or unethical advertisement and practice;
- Physical incapacity which will impair the performance of duty as massage therapist and embalmers;
- Failure to re-validate the Certificate of Registration for at least five (5) years; and
- Other analogous grounds affecting the occupation.
Knowing the rules and preparing early for the renewal of your certificate of registration is necessary to avoid mistakes and late payment penalties. If you have any questions regarding the registration renewal process, please feel free to inquire in the CHDs nearest with you.
Please be guided accordingly.