In the 138th Regular Executive Meeting Last October 12, 2021, it was decided that the licensing and regulatory functions for level 2 hospitals shall be implemented in the following regions: CLABARZON, Central Visayas, Davao, MIMAROPA and Northern Mindanao. The criteria for scoring is based on Annex B of Administrative Order No. 2021-0019, Titled “Guidelines in the Decentralization of Regulation of Level 2,3 General Hospitals and Specialty Hospitals to the Department of Health Center for Health Development-Regulation Licensing and Enforcement Division.”
The following guidelines shall be followed in the transition period of the Decentralization to CHD-RLEDs:
- Renewal of License from October 1 to December 15, 2021 for level 2 and 3 general hospitals for CY 2022 in all Regions shall still be with HFSRB.
- Starting January 1, 2022, the abovementioned five (5) regions: CALABARZON, Central Visayas, Davao, MIMAROPA and Northern Mindanao shall handle application for permit to construct (PTC) and license to operate (LTO) of level 2 general hospitals within their jurisdictions of their area of responsibilities while application for PTC and LTO of level 2 general hospitals in other regions shall be handled by HFSRB.
- Application for PTC and LTO of level 3 general hospitals shall still remain with HFSRB.
- Each CHD-RLED shall develop their plan on hiring the additional staff to fill-in the identified gaps in the number of their personnel in 2022-2023 as approved by their Regional Director. At least 80% of their needed ROs should already be hired prior to the decentralization of the regulation for level 2 and 3 hospitals.
- Capacity building of ROs on hospital decentralization shall be under the DOH Academy. Their individual posttest scores shall be part of the criteria in determining the readiness of the CHD-RLEDs to regulate level 2 and 3 general hospitals in their regions.
- A self-evaluation shall be carried out by the DOH CHD-RLED on or before September 1 2022. The criteria used shall still based on Annex B of AO No. 2021-0019.
- The DOH CHD-RLED shall not be given task in conflict with regulation, such as certification of Programs like newborn screening which is requirement for licensing a health facility, and shall focus on the performance of their regulatory functions, pursuant to Section VII.5 of AO 2021-0019.
- Other provision of AO No. 2021-0019 shall still be in effect.
For information and guidance.
Signed Advisory -> Click Here